Because we care about our volunteers, Free Methodist World Missions has given considerable attention to making sure that you are in good hands in the event of an emergency. Great care has been taken to select the best possible travel health insurance policy for you. The travel health insurance VISA Ministries offers is provided through an independent international insurance agency, which specializes in insurance services for missionaries and has been specifically designed for VISA volunteers. For this reason, all persons serving under VISA Ministries are required to obtain this travel health insurance for the duration of their ministry abroad.
The policy rate is $4.55 per person, per day and is calculated to include the day of departure and the day of return.
To calculate the cost of insurance during your trip, enter your dates below:
Travel Insurance Summary
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment: $100,000/person (reduced to $10,000 for those under age 12 or over 70). AD&D Aggregate Limit $20,000,000—providing the full benefit for up to 200 persons in a common accident.
- Disability Income Benefit for Permanent Total Disability (no benefit if under age 12 or over 70) $1,000/month for first 100 months if accident; $500/month for months 101 to 200. $250/month for sickness; 50 month benefit after 3 month waiting period.
- Medical Expenses: $10,000. No pre-existing medical condition exclusion. $2,500 of this can be used for USA based medical providers. Medical Deductible: $100
- Emergency Medical Transportation: $100,000
- Family Coordination and Repatriation of Mortal Remains: $25,000 combined limit for both benefits and includes a limit of $2,500 for extra expenses incurred during an approved evacuation situation.
- Personal Property: $2,500. Property Deductible: $100
- Medical Assistance: 24/7/365 worldwide emergency assistance provided by SAS.
- Crisis Management Service: 24/7/365 worldwide non-medical emergency assistance provided by red24. They cannot guarantee on the ground response and do not evacuate free of charge in extreme risk countries. The list changes occasionally but the following countries are exempt: Afghanistan, Chad, Haiti, Iraq, Pakistan, Somalia, Sudan.
- General Liability: $1,000,000. Worldwide jurisdiction; covers volunteer, FMWM and sponsoring church. Includes coverage for injury to a co-volunteer.
Although comprehensive, this plan is designed to complement existing health insurance plans and is not a major medical policy. It is critical for VISA volunteers to have health insurance coverage in the United States in the event they require continued hospitalization upon their return home. If necessary, VISA will provide individuals who do not have US health insurance with an alternative plan to meet this need for the duration of their mission.